Saturday, December 26, 2009

Photo hunter - Twelve

It's been a while since I joined the photo hunters. Been too busy the past months or just couldn't come up with a good photo. This week's PH theme, on what we call 2nd Christmas day in Holland, brought back memories of long ago when a dear friend from Malta send me this wonderful Christmas card. I received it in 1995 and I've always cherished it. It's about the twelve days of Chrismas. On the card are five gold rings filled with babies. My friend thought I tried to reach her in children. She had 4 babes by then and I was expecting nr. 3. Both of us never made it to 5 even though they look so cute on this Christmas card. Inside there is the text of the last part of the well known Christmas Carol:

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
My true love gave to me.

Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five gold rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtledoves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.


10 comments:

RJ Flamingo said...

How precious! Though I never could sing that all the way through without stopping to think about it. :-)

Happy New Year!

Carver said...

Great idea for the theme. Happy Holidays.

YTSL said...

What a cute card --- and I can see why you kept it for all these years! :)

Eden said...

Love that Christmas carol!

Expat Traveler said...

Oh this is great... I almost did 12 parking spots but just skipped this week.. :)

Anonymous said...

That's such a cute card with the babes. Great holiday memories too.

Thanks for visiting mine. I took my photo on a flood-free day in Venice a couple of years ago. It seems to be quite soggy there right now. :)

Happy holidays to you and yours.

Annie said...

Sorry, I didn't mean to leave an anonymous comment.

Annie
http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/annienc/

ipanema said...

very nice story behind the card.

thanks for sharing Carin! :)

Bull Rhino said...

Great take on the theme. I thought I was the only one with a post that still had anything to do with Christmas. Boy was I wrong! NIce job.

girasoli said...

Nice hearing from you! I have always loved this song. Great story to go with the card.