Monday, November 16, 2009

Silent in the grave

Just now I finished reading this book "Silent in the grave" by Deanna Raybourn. It was a mighty good read, I simply couldn't put the book away and had to finish it.

The story is about a man named Edward, who collapses at his own party and dies shortly after. His wife Julia is right there and so is this stranger called Nicholas. Later Nicholas comes to Julia's house and suggests Edwards death was not a natural one. At first Julia doesn't take this to be true and she is mad at Nicholas for suggesting such a thing. On cleaning Edward's study she comes across a threath Edward must have received just before he died and she regrets the way she reacted to Nicholas. She goes to see him and together they investigate Edward's death and try to find his murderer.

Especially liked the way the writer describes the period Julia lives in and I really liked Julia's daredevilish way that must have been very uncommon for that time. Turning the last page I was so thirsty for more that it came as a shock when I turned the last page and realized the story was finished. There was an excerpt from the next novel: "Silent in the sanctuary", also featuring Julia and Nicholas. So I hopped over to bol.com to order this book and now I can hardly wait until the postman will drop it in our P.O. box.

No comments: