Thursday, November 19, 2009

The season has started!

This shows that the season has definitely started here in Holland. Last Saturday St Nicolas arrived in Holland by boat and he and his helpers are busy surprising kids with presents. The shops are filled with all kinds of traditional St Nicolas sweets.

When I bought hamburgers in the supermarket today they gave me these cute doll Pietjes as a gift. For those who don't know Pietjes are the helpers of St Nicolas. As there are no little, believing kids in this house the Pietjes ended up in a glass as seasonal decoration.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I'd love to see Christmas in a different country. Must be so fun. I mean....it's fun here, too, but I'd love to see how others celebrate it. So interesting.

BreNDa G. said...

this is very cute, here in America those would be the gnomes