Saturday, June 06, 2009

Photo hunter - advertisement

Beneath you see the letter box of our house. It brings me real letters from several friends around the world that still write and post a real letter. It also brings us daily and local papers and things we can do without like bills and tax letters. But the biggest nuisance used to be the advertisement leaflets. Loads of paper that we looked through once before getting rid of it via the paperbox. During the years the amount of advertisement leaflets seemed to have doubled. The weekly pile for the paper recycling box became bigger and bigger. We tried to find a solution and heard about this sticker that forbids dropping advertisement matters in our letter box but allowing the remaing stuff to be put in.

For those of you who can't read Dutch: NEE means NO to advertisements and JA means YES to other stuff. And it works!! for since we put the sticker on we don't get the advertisement leaflets anymore. YES!!!

20 comments:

Upcountrysmiles said...

Aloha!
Very interesting!Thank you for sharing.
Happy photohunting to you!
Cindy O
http://upcountrysmiles.com
Stop by!

RJ Flamingo said...

Neat idea. I don't think it would work, here, but I suppose it's worth a try!

My ”Advertisement” entry is up, too - Hope you can stop by!

Lynn said...

That's good. They respect the owners preference or non-preference for that matter. :)

YTSL said...

Glad that sticker sign works so that your post box doesn't get filled with spam mail!

diane said...

We have one similar. It saves a mountain of paper. Nice blog.

bing said...

good for you! here in our country, those stickers would likely be ignored most of the time..

june said...

Amazing. I don't think it'd be so successful here...

just jody said...

wow! i need one of those! great idea.

Lucy said...

Good ole' America hasn't caught on to that yet. They leave me so much junk paper it's shameful. All those trees. I asked once that it not be put in my mail box but there's some law on the books that says they HAVE to. BaaHumbug.

Ria said...

That;s great! It's good that they respect your ad...sometimes no matter how much you say no people still don't listen! at least from my experience.

mine's up here

Tara R. said...

I wish we had something like that here in the US. I would definitely put it on my mailbox. Great addition to this week's theme.

ancient one said...

Great way to get rid of advertisements I guess.. but I like to look at ads at least once... LOL Good Post!

gengen said...

That is a great idea of doing that. Thanks for sharing...Happy weekend. TC my entry is up...

Colleen said...

geez and I go out to get a free paper in my box just to read the advertisements lol

srp said...

Wish we had that here. At Christmas we get a stack of ten to fifteen catalogs a day some years. It is amazing how they seem to be able to find you, even if you move and don't tell them where you went. My hunt is up here.

Eaglehawk said...

excellent concept, I would have never thought of this idea.

Mariposa said...

WHOAH! They've been warned! :)

Another creative take for this week's theme...and I LOVE your sunset photo below!

Mariposa's PhotoHunt

stan said...

OH I'm one guilty flyer contributor once in awhile to mailboxes. :p

Expat Traveler said...

Oh yes... You are lucky you can request not to have them. They have this in Switzerland as well.

girasoli said...

Great idea! Wish that would work here. I hate all the junk mail I get. It is such a waste.