Sunday, March 08, 2009

Shadow Shot - Welcome!

Welcome....... to anyone who visits this blog and normally to those who visit our house but yesterday afternoon I used it to say welcome to the sun and to take a shadow shot. Hah we only saw the sun a little while but it was long enough for this photo. OK nothing more about the weather as it's becoming a bit boring (seeing that today's weather is nothing to blog about: rain, yak!).

Those "little blue grapes" are my favourite bulbs this time of year. Over here in Holland we can buy the bulbs in little pots and to fill this basket I bought three little pots. If you put the bulbs inside the house they flower much too quick. That's why I prefer to put them outside so we can enjoy them much longer. They are oh so pretty.

To me they seem to be wearing many little skirts with blue tops. Can hardly believe I took this macro shot just using a very simple digital camera.

10 comments:

june said...

Well, at least you had a bit of sun so you could get your shadow shot :-)

Hey Harriet said...

That sneaky sun for not sticking around for longer. At least you were quick enough to catch these great shadows. I love both the sign & the plant shadows. The plant shadow looks like a big ice cream cone. With...er... spikey bits on top...

Great macro photo of the blue bulb! Very pretty :)

Lucy said...

There are lots of places I'd like to visit (like the whole world!) but Holland must be Heaven sent. So many beautiful things to see. I've never seen these kind of flowers...but then I'm not a gardener either. I even like dandelions because they don't die for me. I always love to visit your blog and see these pictures. Don't you just love blogging? What did we do without it.

Sweet Repose said...

We'll be shrouded in rain clouds all week here in Iowa, USA...so I'll gladly accept your warm welcome sign, fun shot!

sharon

Cam said...

Nice shadow shot & bulbs :)

Sylvia K said...

We have the same problem keeping the sun long enough to catch a photo, but this is a really great one! Glad you were able to catch it. And the bulbs are lovely, love the color!

onevintagephoto said...

Lovely photos! Thanks for sharing.

Catherine said...

such a neat and trim shadow shot...

Paz said...

Love your welcome sign shadow AND your little blue grapes. Beautiful!

Paz

pRiyA said...

Very very beautiful flowers!