Monday, March 09, 2009

Fences everywhere

OK my family thought I went mad when I started taking pictures of these little fences I saw on the pavements in Zierikzee. What amazed me was the variety of sorts and I wondered why they were there. Couldn't find a reason but can imagine it beeing to prevent trespassing. But isn't a pavement for everyone to walk on? Funny.
The next photo shows a whole row of pavement fences. As you can see it does prohibit you to walk over the pavement. To enter this door you have to pass through these two fences.
A fence attached to a boundary marker. Another kind of fence. As you can see there are fences in various designs.

3 comments:

june said...

What an interesting subject! It's one for a coffee table book. I guess the owners are trying to keep their doorway clear for access, but seems a bit unecessary to me! That one black door reminds me very much of a door I photographed in Alexandria, Virginia's Old Town last summer...

Lucy said...

I kinda think they are adorable. I'd love to live there and soak it all up for a while. A long while. :)

Paz said...

I love this! Great idea to photograph these artistic-looking fences.

Paz