Saturday, February 14, 2009

Photo hunter - nautical

Having lived on a small island in the middle of the Mediterranean nautical are things I grew up with. During secondary school time I had to cross over between Gozo and Malta weekly and the sea was not always as nice as you see it here. My first entry shows my dad as captain on his own ship.The next picture was taken in October 2008 when I returned to Gozo for just one day. In the years on boarding school this used to be my favourite view from the ferry. Entering Mgarr harbour in Gozo meant I had returned home.Another picture of the ferry between Gozo and Malta on a very calm sea.

9 comments:

Aileni said...

Another wonderful childhood.

Tokenhippygirl said...

What great memories. Returning home from school... must have been a joyous moment for you. Nice photos!

girasoli said...

Beautiful photos. What fun to have lived on a small island while growing up.

PowersTwinB said...

A beautiful part of the world I will never see! Just gorgeous! ♥♥♥Happy Valentines Day♥♥♥. My hunt is up, please come and visit

jams o donnell said...

What wonderful memories. Happy weekend

Anonymous said...

Love the photos, also found the ones from October when you went back to malta. Love malta and gozo- we are going back there on holiday in a few months and I am drooling at the thought of sipping a Kinnie Zest in the sun overlooking the blue seA!

Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

WOW! Am happy to see this photos. On April 2/6-09 am visiting Malta. I will stay at the Radisson Baypoint Hotel in St. Julians and am dying to see the country.

My dearest friend in heart is a Maltese but living in Melbourne since 1974.

Thanks for sharing and hope you share more Malta information §:-)

Cheers!

Paz said...

Yes, what wonderful memories. I love your photos. I feel like I was there. ;-)

Paz

Patricia said...

Hi Carin. I came over to see your "warm" photo and discovered that I had failed to see your "nautical" ones. Very nice.