Saturday, February 07, 2009

Photo hunter - bridge(s)

This road bridge is the Pont de Normandie spanning the river Seine linking Le Havre to Honfleur. We never crossed over but when in Honfleur we found a spot to see it. We admired its construction and watched big ships passing by.

On the next picture you see the Glienicke Bridge in Berlin. It spans the Havel River to connect the cities of Potsdam and Berlin. It's also known as the Bridge of Spies because the Soviet Union and the United States used it to exchange captured spies during the Cold War.

When in Potsdam we made a cycling tour and cycled over this famous bridge. Here you see us approaching the bridge from the Berlin side. A closer look before cycling over.

18 comments:

Aileni said...

Great selection - everyone has more bridge pictures than I.

luna miranda said...

all magnificent bridges. enjoy photo-hunting!

jams o donnell said...

Greatt take on teh theme. I can imagine teh Bridge of Spies in black and white in the misty predawn with trench coated agents on either side waiting to make an exchange! Happy weekend

Sabine said...

love your photos Carin, and especially the ones of Glienecker Bridge! I took photos of it too last year but could not find them... I hope I didn't delete them by mistake! :((

KISSEDALOTATOADS said...

All great photos, so many bridges!

Gorgeous Nelly said...

great choices of photos.

June said...

Great storyboard post...enjoyed the tour guide tidbits :-)

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia. I knew about the Bridge of Spies but that's the first time I've seen a picture of it.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Cool shots. Have a great weekend.

Alice Audrey said...

Wow, that bridge over the Seine is impressive. Nice lines on it. I'd have gone to watch ships pass under it too.

Expat Traveler said...

how beautiful, I love all of your great finds from your travels.

KISSEDALOTATOADS said...

I have updated the photo on my post. Come on by and check out the detail in the daylight.

Lene said...

Great pictures from your part of the world :) Thankyou for shareing :)

Have a nice evening :)

starnitesky said...

Good choice of interesting bridges.

PowersTwinB said...

wow! terrific photos for this weeks theme word! I loved reading about it too...The Bridge Of Spies! INDEED! My hunt is up, please come and visit soon

Dessert Recipes said...

All beautiful bridge photos! Happy weekend! :)

Rebecca said...

the fourth - last - one is my favorite. What a pretty bridge :)

JyLnC said...

I love the Bridge of Spies story and it is a very interesting and pretty bridge up close. Great photos.

You can find my Photo Hunt here:

JyLnC's Photo Hunt