Thursday, January 08, 2009

Too cold

It might look idyllic but it's not my kind of weather. Brrrr much too cold. Especially now that holidays are over and we all have to go through several times a day. Arriving at my work this morning I first felt if my ears were still there. It's so terribly cold here with temperatures way below zero! This week temperatures were around - 15 degrees C during the night, so early morning it didn't feel much better and during the day it didn't come above 0. Yak, it felt as if my head was freezing off! This could have been me cycling to my work just a few minutes later.Saw these ducks and felt a little sorry for them sitting in the cold snow.This little stream has no ice on it. Ice crystals on the windows of our garage.

3 comments:

Paz said...

Beautiful photos. The scenery look spectacular but I know what you mean about the winter. I don't mind the cold but I do NOT like the snow, especially when I have to commute back and forth to work and walk my dogs in it. It can get messy, slippery and dangerous. *sigh*

Fall is my favorite season. However I enjoyed looking at your photos. Beautiful indeed.

Oh, I love the photos of the ducks.

Paz

June said...

I'm right there with you!

Expat Traveler said...

Oh that is so dutch! Love the pics, and the blue skies... At least with cold there is blue!