Saturday, December 27, 2008

Photo hunter - squeaky

This week's photo hunter theme is squeaky. It made me look up the word in the dictionary in the hope it would give me some ideas. Not much help though. Squeaky makes me think of squeaky door hinges that need to be oiled. However no such door around this place that's worth its picture taken. Besides that outside it's sunny but freezing cold so I don't feel like going very far to find a picture. That's why I am posting a seabird who I heard making squeaky sounds when flying around.
Picture taken on the Côte Picarde, France in the summer of 2007.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Het is een mooie vogel.Mam

YTSL said...

What a fine looking bird that is! :)

Aileni said...

They produce every kind of squeak and then some.
Hinge just disappeared, never knew what happened to her.

June said...

Great take on the theme...squeaky they definitely are!

KISSEDALOTATOADS said...

Sea Gulls are one of the squeakiest birds. Great photos and wishing you a happy new year.

Patricia said...

Lovely seagulls, Carin. I suppose they do squeak. I agree about the hinges - couldn't think of any of them worth photographing. Thanks so much for stopping by my place. Wishes for a happy new year, dear friend.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I can hear the squeak!
great shot~