Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas corners

This is the Christmas welcoming star hanging on our front door. The red star on the photo below is hanging in our backyard and can be seen from inside the house. Besides hanging these starry decorations I didn't get much further than making some special Christmas corners around the house. In fact the Christmas tree is not up yet. Perhaps I'll feel like putting it up this coming week after doing an exam and after celebrating the 17th birthday of our twins. Imagine that 17 years already! Where did time go and how long ago it is that I was sitting here, round as a balloon, waiting for them to be born.

About that Christmas tree: everytime the kids note that it's still not there my hubby keeps on saying: "don't worry, it will come". In a way these few words make me mad and I want to say: "no, it won't come! we have to make it come". Oh heck that Christmas tree, why can't we store it somewhere with balls, lights and everything on. Oh well I guess "it will come" this year! But so far just Christmas decorations in some corners. Let me show you. Here is some Christmassy stuff on a tray and with the candles lit it gives a very nice and shiny effect. In another corner we have this lighted Christmas ball and next to it some decorative bells my hubby gave me as a Christmas present several years ago. They are so delicate. In fact this year the snowman jumped off the bell but we didn't like it so we glued him on again to stay put.Ah and then there is the angel corner. Gifts from my mum, making these angels very special.Like I said these are the things around this house giving it a Christmassy feeling. With Christmas songs on the radio most of the day the feeling of Christmas is slowly coming in, oh and that tree: "don't worry, it will come!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Het ziet er weer heel gezellig uit .Je ziet het of je ziet het niet .Liefs mam .

June said...

You're a lot more decorated than I am! I just don't seem to want to bother any more, though whenever I see them around I wish I had...

Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

Carin- I want to see a close up of the star- way close up and then come back this Friday and play! Pretty please!! :)