Saturday, November 29, 2008

Photo hunter - metal

This weeks photo hunter theme is metal. First thing I thought of sharing with you is this new piece of art I noticed a few weeks ago. This is part of the route I cycle every day to and from my work and all of a sudden there was this metal sculpture standing there. Must say I like its delicate form. Today I took a closer look and the sign in front of it said that this metal sculpture is there in remembrance of the world's biggest exhibition of iron sculptures. It's called: CURVES Here's a closer look from both sides.

8 comments:

RJ Flamingo said...

Interesting piece. Very graceful, and you captured it beautifully.

I had no idea what to do with this week's theme, so I'm afraid I did stretch it a bit:

http://flamingofotos.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend!

June said...

A a nice shot of it...

Sabine said...

Very good choice Carin! :) Although I was out and about this morning, it didn't occur to me to look at all the bronze statues we have in Victoria... I waited till I got home to get my photohunt fix!
Happy weekend!

Paz said...

Interesting-looking sculpture. Nice photo.

Paz

Aileni said...

Metal sculpture has done well in the PH theme this week. I thought that was a very strange sun dial at first.

jams o donnell said...

What a niteresting piece of sculpture!

Carver said...

That's a beautiful piece of metal sculpture. Great choice for the theme.

Dragonstar said...

Oh yes! That's very attractive.