Thursday, November 27, 2008

Chocolate

Between all my study books I decided I deserved a break and just now I finished reading "Chocolat". At first I found it difficult to get into the story but all of a sudden I just couldn't put it away anymore and kept on reading.

The author has given great desciptions of all characters in this book. It makes you feel acquainted with them and touched by the issues in their lifes. The main character Vianne becomes your friend. Her creativity with chocolate and her ability to feel other people makes this book very special. Great descriptions of the feelings of the parish priest at seeing a chocolaterie emerging in front of his church in fasting time. Oh the hilarity when he ends up in her chocolaterie to destroy all the chocolate for the big Easter feast. The smell of the chocolate was too much to bear after 40 days of fasting, so instead of destroying the chocolate he couldn't resist and started eating a little of everything! LOL.

Won't tell more about the book but if you are interested go and read it. Just one warning the book will make your mouth water for chocolate!

Lucky me for it is Sint Nicolas time in Holland and this morning I found a tasty, big chocolate letter in my shoe. Hah!

3 comments:

June said...

I saw the movie...wonderful. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Dr. Cason said...

Oh goody I've been looking for a good book! And BTW- what letter was it?

WV- meningly :)

Paz said...

I've seen the movie but I would love to read the book. One of these days, perhaps.

Paz