Saturday, October 25, 2008

Photo hunter - scary

Though I like to skate when there is a a possibility to do so, for me it is also a very scary activity as I am always afraid to fall. Lucky me for a few years ago when we went to skate indoor at the Sportiom in Den Bosch there were rollators nearby with which I could fly over the ice. What a delight!January 2006 was the last time outdoor skating was possible in our part of Holland. Outdoor skating is even more scary for me for there are no sides which you can skate to besides that there are no rollators either. So what better thing to take along but a broom so at least it will feel less scary in a way when on the ice.
Oh.... and who cares about laughing kids who when on seeing me going around the skaterink with a broom will jokingly ask if I might be sweeping the icerink. Haha!!

Even though I hate winter it would be great if the icerink would be open for a few days this year to go skating.

14 comments:

julie said...

Falling down IS scary.

Was laughing about your broom story, was quite a unique experience for you.

June said...

My hat's off to you...I can't even roller skate! Very scary prospect for me even when I was young. It always LOOKS like fun though and I wish I could. Great take on this week's theme!

Dragonstar said...

I've never been able to convince myself that it's possible for a human being to stay upright on ice skates! You did well!

Baker Watson said...

I've only been on the ice a few times but I was a pretty good on roller skates as a kid so I think I would have really enjoyed ice skating more.

And don't worry about the kids. Just smack them with that broom if they get too close, lol.

Baker
(thanks for the visit earlier)

leslie said...

Oh gosh! I used to be a great skater and would whiz around the ice with my hockey player boyfriend. (eons ago!) But now with my bad back I'm afraid to go outside even if there's some frost for fear of falling! Good choice for scary.

jams o donnell said...

I decided that I might as well lay down on the ice since I land flat on my back anyway! Great idea for staying up though! Happy weekend

lilfootsmommy said...

Ice skating is a very scary thing. I don't know how the hockey players and figure ice skaters do it!!!

dragynm said...

Falling down is always scary! Let the kids laugh. You, at least, wont' have to worry about broken bones!

dawn said...

Great you go skating. I use ski poles to ski even though I don't really use them. It is just scary to be without them. If I fell, I am not sure how I would get up. Thanks for visiting my post today.

Staci said...

That looks so fun! I can't wait to go this winter, but you're right, it's scary to fall. I use a cone for my son when he skates, I've never seen rollators before, very neat!

inyang said...

ohhh i'd love to try this one day :)

Sabine said...

Good idea for "scary" Carin! I used to love ice-skating, until the day I fell and landed right on both my knees (I can't kneel down without pain ever since!) - from that day on it was scary to me, too!

PS I enjoy your Malta/Gozo pictures a lot! :-) Hope we'll get to meet next time round!!

Heart of Rachel said...

Some malls in the country have ice rinks but I've never tried it before. It must be a fun experience.

Heart of Rachel said...

BTW, I forgot to say sorry for being late on my visit.