Thursday, August 14, 2008

Candes Saint Martin

After our picnic next to the Loire we continued driving and all of a sudden we saw this interesting church with statues decorating its facade. We decided to park our car and take a closer look. When we came nearby we noticed that many statues missed a head.
Here our daughter stands near the entrance of the church and I simply love this picture.
This is an altar in the church and I particularly liked the white Maria statue with child and the little angel with golden wings above the statue.

Later I looked in my book to see where we had been and it was Candes Saint Martin, a little village near the Vienne river at the confluence with the Loire river.

These kind of discoveries mark our holidays for we prefer such small historical places to large tourist attractions.

1 comment:

starnitesky said...

I have enjoyed seeing your photos of France so much, you visited some beautiful places. I always enjoy reading your blog, visit my blog where I have given you an award.