Saturday, June 21, 2008

Photo hunter - water

While in the zoo yesterday I saw lots of water besides the many animals. Before I knew it my son of 12 and his nephew of 7 were hanging above the water having the time of their lives! Not me though for I worried what would happen just in case they fell in. They have their swimming diploma's so that's not the worry but they didn't bring an extra set of clothes along. Besides that the youngest nephew of 2 always wants to do what the elder kids do and I just couldn't have that.It was hard to make them walk on and leave this fabulous place.

This girl is wondering what these stepping stones are supposed to do. This boy knew without being told. By just jumping on that high stone the water squirted out on all sides.
And these kids are having even more water fun.
But see that little kid in the white shirt high above the water on the left in the picture. Well that's the 2 year old (nearly 3) and he isn't afraid at all. At a certain moment he misstepped and one foot "fell" through the ropes. My son helped him get his foot back on and made him continue. After that I took them away from that lovely water playground as fast as possible.

Yep water is not only for drinking but brings lots of fun and worries too!

since januari 2008

18 comments:

Pretty Life Online said...

Perfectly done for this week water theme. Mine's up too hope you can drop by. Happy weekend!

archiearchive said...

What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing.

kaycee said...

looks like they had loads of fun, i love happy photos. thanks for sharing! =)

jams o donnell said...

Great shots. Children+water=fun! Have a happy weekend

Sabine said...

Great water post Carin! :)
I think if I was "a little" younger, I'd love to spend some time in that zoo!!!

June said...

I wish our zoo had all of that! Looks like fun...

mimi11460 said...

Nice photos for this week theme...Yes you're right water is life but it also bring worries...have a nice weekend.. see you in my blog..Thanks.

Secret Agent Mama said...

Great shots!! So much fun!!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Great scenes of true fun!
Have a great weekend!

julie said...

What a wonderful place to visit and have fun! The children saw your photos and asked where that was.

And I made a major boo-boo,I wrote a comment meant for you in Leslie's (Kaleidoscope) blog :( Had several tabs opened for I may not be able to visit tomorrow for we have storm signal #2 upon us.

Have a great weekend!

Jasonblink said...

Nice entry, hope I could treat my bro and sis on that kind of fun.. Happy hunting

Jasonblink said...

Nice entry, hope I could treat my bro and sis on that kind of fun.. Happy hunting

Anonymous said...

It,s very great that the nephews
live,s beside you
and you can go with them to the zoo
marietje

Dragonstar said...

Great post! Thanks for the story. My heart would have been in my mouth with those water games!

starnitesky said...

Looks like everyone had lots of fun by the water!

Claudia said...

Kids are definitely drawn to water!

Frances said...

Neat photolog.
Kids at play always puts a smile on my face.Thanks for visiting mine.

KISSEDALOTATOADS said...

That would be fun,... never saw a park like that one, let alone in the zoo. Have a great week.