Sunday, May 11, 2008

Romeo and Juliet

Yesterday evening my daughter and I went to the theater in Utrecht to see the national ballet dance Romeo and Juliet. It was wonderful!

We hardly ever go to see ballet but for school my daughter has to do a certain amount of cultural things. This was her choice as she really wanted to go and see ballet. So she choose the classic story of Romeo and Juliet!

The national ballet created a lovely ballet of Romeo and Juliet. It was a delight to watch the dancers dance in perfect unison with that great music composed by Prokofiev.

The music, the costumes, the choreography, the lights, etc. everything was just perfect. We had a delightful evening and for me it brought back the memories I had of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet and the time when I had to study English literature.

1 comment:

Indelibrella said...

Just wanted to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day! :o)