Saturday, May 24, 2008

Photo hunter - shoes

This weeks photo hunter is an easy theme: SHOES enough. I won't bore you with all my shoes but here is my daughter's and my newest pair. My pair should be very good walking shoes but au they gave me a lot of pain in the beginning. In fact they still hurt me at the heels!
Besides our shoes here are my dad's shoes and every time he wears them we remark how new they look. He keeps on telling us he bought them now nearly 20 years ago for my brother's wedding!! Guess he has time enough to polish them a lot!
When my mum saw me taking a picture of my dad's shoes she wanted hers taken too. Here they come. They also shine, my dad must polish them for her too but I don't think they are as old as his shoes for she loves buying new shoes.

15 comments:

Indrani said...

Wah! That is THREE generations' shoes put together, surpasses every other collection. :)

Steven and Aisha said...

Cool shot of family shoes! Your daughter's shoes are really cute. :)

julie said...

This is such a great post! From your parents to your daughter. And please tell your dad that his shoes look great!

Have a wonderful weekend!

By the way, I love the photos that you took from your travels.

KISSEDALOTATOADS said...

A family generation of shoes! Great photos and have a good week.

Hootin' Anni said...

And here I thought my hubby was the only one who still polishes shoes. Consider me corrected.

My shoes are posted! Finally.

Sabine said...

Hi Carin, I love your family shoe collection - great idea! I took only one photo of my son's tattered converse sneakers... makes a good contrast to your polished ones!! :)

Have a happy weekend!

Sandy M said...

Love this post as well. Great shots.

Sarge Charlie said...

nice idea for this week.

On this Memorial Day remember my friends who died for your freedom.

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer “am I worth dying for?”~

Eleanor Roosevelt

Patricia said...

Lovely collection of shoe photos tied to family, Carin.

Carver said...

Very neat idea showing the generations in their shoes. Your Dad's shoes do look brand new.

littlepolaris said...

Such a sweet post of a family of shoes. =)
Thanks for dropping me a comment. Have a nice day!
p/s: I like your 1st photo a lot.

starnitesky said...

Good choices, I hope your shoes stop hurting soon. Enjoy the weekend.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Nice collection.

Have a great weekend!

Rebecca said...

I like those shots, especially the first one. :)

-TNChick- said...

Men like to wear nicely polished shoes... I guess. My husband polishes his... or maybe it's a military thing (if your Dad was in the service) as I don't think my hubby would if he hadn't got use to the practice being in the service.