Sunday, May 25, 2008

Another Communion Day

Today another niece of our's did her First Holy Communion. This time the celebration took place in the church where I did my First Holy Communion now nearly 37 years ago!!! And that's what made it a little bit special.

It is not a big church and it is very old but but it still looks oh so good. I love the stained glass windows behind the altar showing parts of Jezus's life.

Most of all I like the little corner dedicated to Mary, the mother of Jezus. The stained glass above this corner also depicts Mary.


In the ceremony today the communicants placed a flower bouquet next to her statue and lighted a candle. The Mary adoration still has me captured as it has since the Salesian Sisters in Gozo told us about Mary Help of Christians. In fact it was her feastday yesterday the 24th of May and if I remember correctly my mum once told me it was her mother's birthday too, my grandmother who passed away when she was only 48 years old!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dat heb je er weer mooi neergezet .Ik was er even stil van .MAM

Mec said...

that's a nice Church....



Mec of Hope This Helps You