Saturday, April 05, 2008

Photo hunter - glass

This week's photo hunters theme is glass and it made me think. Enough glass around the house but I wanted something different and it made me think of this glass building half way into town. Today on my way into town I stopped near that glass building to take some pictures. It was difficult to get a nice picture for there is a gate all around the premises.

The picture above is taken from the front and you can see the front of the building in the distance. Below is a better picture of the front and two pictures of the side. All the buildings on these premises are now for sale but not long ago they used to house all kind of sculptures and that's what that glass building was used for too. There used to be all kind of statues and other things for sale inside this glass house. I've always liked the way it was build and hope you like it as my photo hunter entry for this week's theme.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it

Karen said...

A glass house. Now THAT'S not something you see everyday!

Write From Karen

starnitesky said...

What a fascinating place!

Carver said...

That is very unique and beautiful.

Dragonstar said...

Impressive building! I love the simplicity of the shape, it looks like an upturned boat. Very beautiful.

Patricia said...

Perfect photos, Carin. I've never seen a glass house before...and I certainly wouldn't want to live in one! =) Thanks for stopping by the creek. I hope you have a delightful and warm weekend.

jams o donnell said...

Wonderful! Great choice for this week's theme. Happy weekend

SnoopyTheGoon said...

It is a lovely presentation of the glass house. Thanks for visiting and have a greatest week!

Sarge Charlie said...

nice choice for the theme

Janet said...

wow, that's pretty cool! Thanks for visiting!

pat said...

Oh wow - what a great glass house!

Hope you have a good week.

Katney said...

It is a very interesting structure. It looks like it should be a greenhouse for plants.