Sunday, April 20, 2008

First Communion

Today we celebrated the First Holy Communion feast of our niece. She did her Holy Communion with a lot of other children from several schools in town. On this picture you see paintings made by the children to introduce themselves in church.
This is the church where they did their First Holy Communion.

Here you see how crowded it was in church (something you don't see very often any more here in Holland). The kids doing their Communion are sitting on both sides of the altar.
After Mass everybody awaited the new communicants outside.
For us there awaited also a delicious buffet at our nieces home.
It looked and tasted really good.

3 comments:

Frances said...

Now you have me thinking of my First Communion.
My grandmother had a permanent done on my hair.
It looked great for the ceremony but after that first wash - well I was a chrysantheme till third grade!
Beautiful pics congrats!

Anonymous said...

Weer leuk gedaan

c l a r e n c e said...

That buffet looks great. Congratulations to your niece, I hope she had a great day.