Saturday, March 01, 2008

Photo hunter - Party

This week's photo hunter theme is party. The first thing that came to mind is again something typical Dutch (at least I think so). It's the way a 50th birthday party starts here in Holland. At 12 o'clock on your 50th birthday, family and friends place a large doll in your garden. This doll represents Abraham or Sarah as they say you see Abraham or Sarah when you turn 50. When my husband celebrated his 50th birthday we even had two Abraham's sitting in our garden!The theme kept me occupied during the week and when looking through the magazines in the supermarket I noticed one called Party.

17 comments:

napaboaniya said...

That's a new tradition I've learned today :) Either Abraham or Sarah will be ok? Or is it Abraham for the guys and Sarah for the ladies?

Lynn said...

The food looks nice set on the table. I learned something Dutch today. :)

jams o donnell said...

I'd not heard of the tradition before. Thanks for sharing! Happy weekend

KISSEDALOTATOADS said...

All great photos. The food looks scrumptous! Have a good weekend. Mine is up, please stop by.

Carin said...

You guessed right Napaboaniya, it is Abraham for the guys and Sarah for the ladies.

Sarge Charlie said...

this is cool, I am enjoying the world wide traditions for partying....

WillThink4Wine said...

Another culture's tradition I was unaware of. We humans know how to party in many ways.

mama meji said...

That's a very interesting tradition. And looks like fun, too.

Carver said...

That's an interesting tradition and you got some great shots for the party theme. Have a great weekend.

Heart of Rachel said...

That's very interesting. It's the first time I've heard of this tradition. Thanks for sharing.

starnitesky said...

That is a very interesting tradition that I didn't know about. Thank you for sharing.

The Mama Bear said...

Very interesting photos for the week....I think this was a hard one for me, I need to get out and party more.

Dragonstar said...

It's great to learn new traditions from other countries. Seems I've missed out on a special occasion ;o)

gizelle said...

Great posts! Love the mag!

chikku said...

i liked the last the best...loved the pics... have a great week end...thanx 4 droppin in my blog...


chikku :)

Katney said...

What a neat tradition. Looks like the eats were pretty good, too.

SabineM said...

I love the take on the theme!
Also notice that you ALSO FOUND ADAM! I love Caroline!