Friday, March 07, 2008

The Moonlit Cage

Just now I finished reading The Moonlit Cage by Linda Holeman. A wonderful book with a touching story. I just couldn't put it away and simply had to keep on reading. Resulting in going to bed much too late.

This afternoon I wanted to continue reading but it was so cold in this house. It took some time before I realised we had problems with the central heating. In the end we had to ask a mechanic to come and fix the problem. This evening our house was nice and warm again and so a good time to finish reading this remarkable story.

Won't start another book for the time being, at least not such a thick one, for I forget everything around me when reading a book that gets me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was what I did when I
had a good book in the past time
(I forget everything)
your aunt

La delirante said...

"I forget everything around me when reading a book that gets me" That's the best part of it all :) I love when I find a book like that. In fact I try to re-read them even if I have a pile of books to read, just to "relive" that experience again.