Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The kite runner

Stopped reading this book The kite runner by Khaled Hosseini. We saw the film this weekend in the cinema in Heerlen and so the book has lost it's appeal now knowing the story.
It is a story that touched me deeply. Normally not my kind of movie as I tend to go for a fun film or romantic film. At least something that makes me feel happy.
This film didn't make me feel happy but it made me angry, very angry many times and still now, just thinking about it, it makes me angry again.
Poor poor boy!!! How can other people do such things to somebody else. Why don't we just accept the differences there are in mankind and live with them. If everybody lives his/her life in consideration with each other this world would be so much nicer.
Guess that's a difficult thing to change, so I won't give it a try. But how much could we learn from each other by just accepting that everybody is different and that there is no one lower or higher in rank in a society.

The film had a good side to it too showing that Amir goes to the trouble of returning to Kabul trying to find Hassan's son. And how destructed that beautiful Kabul was after the invasion of the Russians and the Taliban rule.

This film will remain etched in my memory for a very long time.

1 comment:

Dina said...

I read and loved this book!! It was the first time that i read this type of story and i must admit i loved it and will never forget it.