Sunday, January 06, 2008

Wallpaper and the memories it brings

Having lost my heart to Gozo many years ago the wallpaper of our computer is always a picture of some place in Gozo, where I used to roam around when I was so much younger.

Just a few days ago I changed the wallpaper from the view we had from our balcony where we used to live (see below) to the view above. You might be wondering why this post. This post is here because Sabine has posted a similar photo of the place above in her blog and even more photo's showing that part of the island. That brought back lots of memories. Wow how often I walked there! The sisters had a house a little before Xwieni bay. We even spent one easter with the sisters and I remember making figolla in their kitchen. The figolla on this picture, were given to our children by the sisters the last time we visited Gozo.

The picture above was taken last year by friends of my cousin when on holiday in Gozo. The picture below (view of Nadur Heights on Comino and Malta) was taken by Sabine because I asked her to. It has been our wallpaper for a very long time.

And here is a picture of the salt panes (a little further from Xwieni bay) the last time we were in Gozo and I showed my family all my favourite places.

One day I hope to return to Gozo and take loads of photo's with a digital camera. The last time we visited Gozo we didn't have a digital camera, so we weren't able to take such wonderful photo's. But one day I will do so myself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leuk hoor en ik hou van foto,ssssssssssss

Anonymous said...

die foto,s hebben wel wat
het brengt mij ook weer op gozo
marietje