Friday, January 04, 2008

The Parson's daughter

Just now I finished reading The Parson's daughter. A great story set against the end of the nineteenth century. I just couldn't put it down.

Nancy Ann, the parson's daughter, is a strong person and has to go through a lot. She is so young when she gets married to somebody I could like a little but at times really wish to tell off and make him cherish what he has. Alas that's not how it goes making this book a great read.

It has been a long time ago I read a book of Catherine Cookson. I found this book when on holiday in France last summer and finally had some time to read it. I must say I really enjoyed reading it. The story contains the typical Cookson's themes like the English countryside, class conflict, quirky local characters and family dynamics. For everyone who likes to read this genre I can really recommend this book. It keeps you reading wanting to know what will happen to Nancy Ann.

No comments: