Friday, January 11, 2008

I love the postman

Every now and then the postman brings a lovely surprise and yesterday he did so once again. Sabine sent me Let's Gozo a magazine about Gozo and the new Malta eurocoins (for my dad).

Even the stamps on the envelop were a surprise. Malta always has had lovely stamps. Not like here where normal stamps are small, simple and not colourful at all.

In the magazine were "Memories of a year gone by" with nice black and white photo's "Down the road to Gozo's past". The article I liked most is about my friend who is Gozitan and has been reinventing the ancient craft of weaving. Still remember living across the street from her parent's home and going over to weave in their weaving room.

I also loved the picture on the roof of Hotel Calypso with the view over Marsalforn. That brings back memories of the time we lived in Marsalforn in Hotel Calypso and in the flats next to this hotel. Later we also spend many times on the roof sunbathing and swimming in the little swimmingpool.

Just turning over the pages of this magazine brings back loads of memories. So I simply love the postman for bringing this envelop to me safe and sound and of course Sabine for sending it all our way! Thanks so much for taking the time and trouble to do so.

No comments: