Thursday, December 06, 2007

A little bit of everything

Sorry for not posting for so long. It is such a busy period this time of year. Much too busy to enjoy December. Besides all the normal hectic of this month my mother in law is very ill and it doesn't look too good. Every little improvement is a big delight for all of us and keeps us hoping she will return home one day. But as the days pass by and the recovery is going in waves: one day good, the other day bad, there is not much improvement on the whole. At the moment she is back in hospital and we visit her as much as possible. Here you see a picture of her several years ago when she celebrated St. Nicolaas with us. You wouldn't recognize her if you saw her right now.

Yesterday it was the feast of St. Nicolaas and we celebrated a little here at home. We had no large bags full of St. Nicolaas gifts but we decided to give the kids some money so they can buy whatever they like. Last evening when we drank coffee we served all kinds of traditional sweets and had a nice and cozy evening. A few weeks ago our daughter did surprise us with a St. Nicolaas present under our pillow. During the St. Nicolaas period we also put some traditional sweets in their mugs and under their pillows.

Today I managed to write all the christmas cards and tomorrow I will post them. Then there is a little over one week to go before our twins will be 16 years old!!! Sweet 16, where did the time go! I still remember taking this picture when they were only a few months old.

The day after their birthday it is exam time for me once again and I am busy preparing for that exam.

In between all things I try to enjoy this festive month as much as I can but it always seems to me that December has become a month with too many things that must be done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ja wat zag ze er toen goed ui t

Indelibrella said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Will keep you all in my thoughts.

December is just a crazy month for everyone, it seems.

Wishing you the best of luck on your final!