Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Birthday dear Cousin

Just now I changed the date of my post The beauty of the day. Even though the pictures were taken on Friday they might as well have been taken on Thursday as we had several beautiful icy days. Besides that the sadness about my mother-in-law has been with us for some time now and will remain with us for a much longer time.

Today the shortest day is also my cousin's birthday. Both things are worth a celebration. So here is a Happy Birthday dear cousin! Will celebrate in real with you on the 19th. See you then.

The shortest day is also worth a celebration for that means that days will slowly start getting longer again and I am always really glad about that. In fact, after Christmas holidays, it always feels and looks as if the darkness doesn't fall that early. Despite the coziness of days this time of year I prefer the light and the sun of longer days! So much better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I prefer the lights and the sun.

marietje