Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Educational day

Perhaps I told you before that I work in the primary education. Not as a teacher but as an administrative assistant to a general manager of 10 primary schools. Mostly I am concerned with the financial part of all these schools.

Today we had a day for all people working for these 10 schools as all our schools will have a whole new computer network as from January 1st.

Each employee, for 99% teachers in primary education, visited three different workshops to discover the possibilities of the new computer concept in the educational programme we offer.

Even though I am not a teacher there was enough to learn. I visited three workshops: how to make a picture book using powerpoint, how to use the computer with history lessons and how to use the interactive whiteboard. This last workshop was my favourite. In fact it makes me wish I followed my job ambition when I was a little girl. I always wanted to become a teacher. What possibilities there are now using the internet. So great and useful!!

We all had lunch together and the catering did a great job.
The day ended with a cabaretshow about education. It was hilarious and a good end to an educational day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ik denk dat het een gezellige dag was.WELTERUSTEN MAM

Dina said...

It's true internet is really amazing and one can achieve so much by using it.

Sabine said...

What a great initiative by your employers!!

Carin, I don't have much time for anything besides work/eat/sleep - but I decided to join in the American Thanksgiving tradition, and so I'm on a "thanksgiving" tour around my blogging friends - thanks for being my friend!

I'm sorry Carin, but I don't think I'll get to the library anytime soon... the only day it would be possible is Saturday, but coming Saturday I'm Duty Manager - all day long... :(