Saturday, September 29, 2007

Making lace

I did try!!! My friend send me the bobbins and the cushion to make lace. It looks so easy seeing others making lace and throwing the bobbins over each other. For me it is not easy at all!!! But I did try!!!

First I held the cushion in the length. The bobbins and thread ended up into a big mess and I didn't know how to keep them in place!!! So then I decided to try on a table and turn the cushion. In that way I can place the bobbins on the table to keep them in place and see what I am doing.

Now I have to start following the pattern by crossing and turning the bobbins. Don't know if this is going to work for me. It already kept me occupied the whole morning so I am a little fathup right now and in for something else. Well if it ever becomes lace I will show you here.
But easy??? No for me it is not easy at all and I guess I have to go and find a teacher to help me. It has given me respect for all those people that make lace.

2 comments:

Dina said...

'combini' in maltese, that's a great art and i don't think i have the patience to sit and do it , even though i would like to give it a one time try :)

Carin said...

Never heard the word 'combini' for making lace.

I always wanted to give it a try and that's what I am doing now. But I am finding it quiet difficult so far.