Monday, March 05, 2007

Winter-weary soul

Surfing on the internet I found the following site:


It sounds like my soul for it is just what I need even though we hardly had any winter this year! But this weather we are having here is no fun at all. This afternoon I wanted to spend some time outside and I would have loved to cycle to the next town to look around a little.

Looking up at the sky I decided to take the car instead and indeed I made the right choice. On my way there the rain came down heavy all of a sudden and in an instance even hailstones started falling down. At first I didn't realise what it was that was hitting the car for I thought I was driving over a road with little stones that made that noice. But no they were large hailstones falling down from the sky! Poor cyclist, who did take the bike, for the hail must have hurt terrible.

Well what else can I say but that I am longing for Spring. On that site I mentioned above I found the following and it is as if I said it:

Give me the splendid silent sun with all his beams full-dazzling.

but it also says:

The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.

Well we shall see!

2 comments:

Indelibrella said...

I'm with you Carin...I'm looking forward to spring!

Anonymous said...

Ik wil ook alleen maar zon zien LIEFS MAM