Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Garlands, flags and balloons

Today the garlands, flags and balloons are there for me as I am celebrating my 43th birthday. However I prefer to turn it around (still can do that trick, in a few years it won't work anymore). It looks as if we are going to have a nice sunny day just like 43 years ago when I was born. Well I don't remember that but my mum told me. Perhaps that's also the reason a shining sun always brightens my day. I will be spending the whole day in the office, though at lunchtime I shall surely eat my bread outside.

My husband surprised me with tulips for my birthday. He brought them home on Saturday and so here they are. I really lovely tulips even though they don't last that long on a vase.


As I am writing this post late on Monday evening the rest of the presents are still a big surprise for me. The kids have been doing very secretive the past few days and so I am curious in an old-fashioned way. For many years it wasn't like this but this year they made a big fuss about it and each kid went to buy his own present. In a way that makes it even more precious and me more curious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAT KINDER KOPJE WIL IK HIER OOK ZIEN IN JE BLOG

Sabine said...

I'm so sorry I missed your birthday Carin :( - So better late than never: I wish you happiness, health and good luck for the coming year and always!
xxx
Sabine