Monday, February 26, 2007

Aurora Theater, Gozo

While surfing the internet yesterday I came across an internet address of the Aurora theater and I asked for some pictures of the inside and just now I got these pictures. Thank you Matthew Sultana for mailing them to me so quickly.

Like Sabine let me know the Aurora is now no longer used as a cinema but as a theater. Well here are the pictures I got today and though I don't recall the light on the ceiling the rest is as I remember it. As a cinema there was a screen where you see the stagecurtains on the above picture.

Now that I can show you these pictures you might understand why this was a lovely cinema and why a bare space with only rows of chairs can never appeal to me again.

Besides that it makes me really happy that this theater is being used as a theater again for it looks really great and it is a worthy theater. Matthew Sultana let me know that an operatic masterpiece - La Forza del Destino by Giuseppe Verdi - will be staged on Saturday, 13th October 2007.

No comments: