Sunday, November 19, 2006

My brothers and I

Today was a dreary day and too wet to go outside. And all of a sudden my two brothers and their families came to visit. It is always fun to be together again though it was busy with 15 people around the house. It is so good to see our children getting along so well and they are always happy to spend some time together.

The eldest kids are my twins and they will be 15 in a few weeks time. The youngest is 1 and he is so sweet just taking his first steps on his own. The other kids are 12, 11, 10, 6, 6 and 5 years old. In fact in a few weeks time we shall see each other again as we shall be celebrating Sinterklaas at my parent's house and if my information is correct Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet will bring a real visit to us that day, a very exciting thing for the younger children to look forward to.

For old times sake here are some photo's of my brothers and I taken a long time ago.

The picture above shows us in our schooluniform, ready to go to Laura Vicuna School in Ghasri (Gozo, Malta). This picture was taken in our flat in Marsalforn (next to the Calypso Hotel) in 1975.

The following picture is taken in 1982 on the roof of our house in St. Julian's (Malta) where my parents lived the last year of our life in Malta. In that period I was studying in Holland but returned home every six weeks.

Here we are in the back garden of my parent's house in Borculo (The Netherlands) in 1985).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nu ik kwam bijna niet meer bij van de lach .Dat door mij jullie daar staan